so ive recently had a few ideas, one of which is that we should organize an event on Ask a Ninja where we all choose a day to fast. fast for the nonbelievers in our school, work, and community. fast for ourselves, that we would leave sin and focus wholly on jesus. that we would represent jesus the way he is, not our cookie-cutter, agenda-pushing version. lets use it to repaint jesus, and to show we are ready to repaint our lives. we would pray every hour, even if we're at work or in class. lets do it for God. Lets start the fire. think its a good idea?

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

Luke 2:37
37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four.d She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.
Fasting means not to eat not to pray
Fasting is not a way to get God to do what you want.Fasting is not a way to appear more spiritual than others.
Matthew 6:16-18
16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Scripture does not command Christians to fast. It is not something that God requires or demands of Christians
i know that, *sigh* thats not what i ment....... my mom and i do it when necessary and we feel its right, i was doing it believing ya'll are family
Fasting isn't a bad Idea. The Idea of fasting is like you give up something that you love because there is somthing else you want 100 million times more. I don't think it's a good idea to get into a fast just because everyone else is doing it, or because you think God will somehow love you more. There are right reasons and wrong reason. Ester in the Bible had all her servants and her family fast for her before she went to appeal to the king. Her people were facing genocide, food meant nothing in the face of genocide and everyone felt the burden.

Anyone else have any thoughts on fasting?
Fasting for prayer is certainly a good thing to do once awhile. I just 4get 2 do it! :p

I think your heart is in the right place, Peppy. Maybe the actual plan isn't quite right, but your on the right track. Columbus did have a point: Fasting and praying together are meant to be about YOUR relationship with God, not as an organized attack on the non-believers. How he said it was a bit curt though, I'll admit.

How about this? You fast for a day and pray every hour in addition, and then tell us how it went. Tell us if you felt cleansed, if you had an epiphony of some sort. I know I'd love to hear about it. And when I fast for a day, I'll let you know how it went in turn. =)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by TheNinja.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service